Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kwaheri Kenya

I have a 5 hour layover in the Brussels airport, so figured I would post some pictures from yesterday. It was so hard to leave. Christine instituted a "no crying" policy, none of us were allowed to cry. I must have heard the lecture 5 times, no crying, no crying, no crying . . . She knows me too well.

While there were moments where I had wanted to cry and even did shed a few tears, I mostly felt joy yesterday. I have had a wonderful month with the children and staff at HOREC. I have not only strengthened my relationships with many at HOREC but also with God. This time has been a true blessing for me. And, I find strength in the fact that this is not the last time I will visit my friends in Kenya. I now look forward to going home and sharing my experiences.

Yesterday was filled with singing, laughing and a lot of hugging. I will especially cherish the cake cutting ceremony with Beverlyne, Agnes and Ruth (see prior post). I cannot express in words the feelings that flowed through me in those few minutes together.

I thank all of you for your support and encouragement this past month and hope to continue blogging while I am in Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment