Friday, September 2, 2011

The Fun Begins

Ike and Kim picked me up at about 6 this morning, so we got to the airport with plenty of time to check in. Everything was going good. No lines at the premier check in. I checked in with no problems. Then, Ike tried to check in and was not able to because our flight had been cancelled. Apparently, they had rebooked me on an earlier flight out of Denver, but not Ike. After about 30 minutes with the agent, we were told Ike would not be able to get out today so we decided to both cancel our flights and try to rebook. The agent took us to a new agent to help us rebook. When we got to him, he said "you both are already rebooked on the 8:28 flight to Dulles." With less than an hour to go, he got us checked in. We rushed to security, to find NO LINE! We even had time to get water, etc. before getting on the flight. We get to our gate just as they were boarding our area. GOD is so good! He's surely keeping us on our toes, but he is delivering in every way! (Here's praying our luggage makes it!) Bwana Yasifiwe! Then, as I sat on the plane listening to my iPod, David Crowder's song "Oh, Happiness" came on. Oh, happiness in deed! I cannot wait to wrap my arms around those beautiful children! That is true happiness!

1 comment:

  1. What an adventure already!!! I am sooooo excited because I know you are right - true happiness not only awaits you, but the children as well, because I'm sure they can hardly wait to get their arms around YOU again!

    ReplyDelete