Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guaca what?




I went into the city to buy some provisions for HOREC today. I have to admit, it felt good to be in civilization again. While the town that I am staying in, Ruai, has quite a lot of options, there is only so much you can get from Qwikmart and Midland Hardware. I got most of what I needed from Nakumatt and enjoyed a lunch at Java House with Thomas (the owner of Nappet Tours, the company that provides drivers for us), including carrot cake with real cream cheese frosting. Amazing! I found tortilla chips at Nakumatt, so I was inspired to make guacamole for Christine and her family tonight. The avacados are in season here right now. They cost only 20 shillings each (the current exchange rate is 1 USD = 99 KSH, so I felt as though I was stealing them), and they are about twice the size of what you can find in the US and are absolutely great. So, we had guacamole tonight. Edward said, "This is AMAZING!" I just love Edward. I grew up with two older sisters. I think I finally have found a brother! Amanda and Lauri, you would love him, too! He'd fit into our family so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment