Sunday, September 25, 2011

I reached out to Trena about the adoption process and found out that she has only become Julia's legal guardian in Kenya. It took her living in Kenya for 3 years to even get that far. She, too, is discouraged by the process for adoption from Kenya and advised me that it is fairly impossible at this point. Apparently, there is only one agency in the US who is even willing to try and they only accept married couples who have been married for at least 3 years. As I sat on my bed crying after reading Trena's email, I opened the book I am reading, "90 Minutes in Heaven" to find the following scripture "And we can be confident that he will listen to us whenever we ask him for anything in line with his will. And if we know he is listening when we make our requests, we can be sure that he will give us what we ask for." 1 John 5:14-15. Oh, how I hope he was in fact listening to me last night and that this is his will and not just my aching heart.

1 comment:

  1. This brings me to tears Joyce, I just want to hug you and cry together. I have faith that things will work out how they should and be a bigger blessing to you both when they do, even it doesn't look the way you were hoping for just yet.

    ReplyDelete