Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meet Mary Marugi

Name: Mary Murugi Peter
Age: 11
Birthplace: Nakuru
Class: STD 4
Siblings at HOREC: None
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite subject: Math
Favorite activity: Singing
Favorite animal: Lion
Occupation: Accountant
Favorite Bible Verse: Romans 3:13

After the death of Mary’s parents her uncle tried caring for her. Because she is HIV+ and the uncle had too many other children, he could no longer care for her. She joined HOREC in 2009.

Mary is a sweet girl. Her English is really good and she likes when visitors come. She is like a little mother hen always watching after the baby and toddlers. She likes to play cards and sing.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Beautiful! What a sweet picture of Mary! I miss you, miss you, miss you! Big hugs and kisses! I love thinking of you, looking at your pictures, and remembering our hand clapping game, and swimming together, and making drawings out of the letters of the alphabet, eating cake, and reading the "Guess How Much I Love You" book together., and much more. You are soooo amazing Mary! You are a huge blessing in my life. I look forward to the day we can play together again. God bless you! Please give Joyce a hug to bring back to me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete