Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Meet Antony Ngumbo

Name: Antony Ngumbo Maina
Age: 10
Birthplace: Nyeri
Class: STD 4, Koma Hill
Siblings at HOREC: Agnes, Alice, Jack
Favorite color: Blue
Favorite subject: Christian Religious Education
Favorite activity: Soccer
Favorite animal: Dog
Occupation: Engineer
Fav Bible Verse: Psalm 4:5

Both of Antony’s parents died of HIV/AIDS and left a family of six. Antony was brought to HOREC with his two sisters and brother by his uncle who had a friend who knew about HOREC. Antony's oldest sister is married and her other brother is at home. To help at HOREC, Tony helps take care of the goats and chickens and picks vegetables from the garden.
In the picture with Antony is Edgar. Edgar started volunteering at HOREC in 2010. Now he is a part of the staff and manages various activities for HOREC. He is a great addition and the boys really seem to take to him.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the profiles of the children and for adding photos to the streaming pictures! I see that you have been to Spring Valley - Pastor Stanley and Alice look great! Did you see John and his brother again? What a sweet photo of the "nap time" in the classroom. What a flood of memories - thank you Joyce for keeping HOREC and the many other beautiful people and places in Kenya in front of us back in the States. What a sweet blessing. Please give my love to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce,
    Your photos are absolutely amazing! I broke down when I read about Jennifer and saw the photos of her. She is my joy and light even now that I am so far away from her. Please give her lots of love and hugs from me. I wish so badly that I could be there with you and with her. Also if you could give Jackie, Christine's daughter, my e-mail (stharris6@gmail.com) I would be so thankful!
    Thank you so much!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete