Friday, September 23, 2011

A Slice of Heaven

Tonight was "BOGO" (buy one, get one free) pizza night at the local cafe in the Quickmart, so we decided to get pizza for dinner. I am happy to report that Kenyan style pizza is not bad and readily available in the little town of Ruai. When I lived in Hong Kong, the pizza was quite different than what you'd find in the US, but Kenyan pizza is very similar to that of most pizza chains in the US. The total for 4 medium pizzas was only about $13, but by the reaction from Jacky (Christine's daughter), Mary (the live in helper) and Edward (Christine's son), you would have thought they were eating a slice of heaven. Christine even called it Christmas! I have to admit, I appreciated a taste of home myself as my main staples for the past 3 weeks have been beans, maize, kale, ugali (made from maize flour) and rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment